At Canopy Growth, our mission is clear: improve lives, end cannabis prohibition, and strengthen communities. We believe that cannabis can be a force for good. We’re building a consumer-centric organization that is focused on sharing the transformational potential of cannabis with the world. We will achieve this through an innovative and disruptive portfolio of cannabis and hemp-derived products.
With millions of square feet of licensed production capacity and operations spanning four continents, Canopy Growth is the world’s leading cannabis and hemp company. We recognize that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity.
Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth. If you are interested in building global challenger brands, scaling a business, and working in a values-driven environment, we want to hear from you!
As an integral member of our internal marketing communication team, you’ll work cross functionally on insight-driven, integrated marketing campaigns that set our brands apart while speaking directly to our consumers. You are a conceptual thinking and storyteller who loves to be challenged to push the boundaries of product-driven campaigns while ensuring that the work resonates emotionally with consumers.
As a creative writer you’ll help us launch new products locally and globally, using your expertise to ensure all product and brand communication is authentic, consumer-centric and smart. You thrive in a team environment, enjoy working with other Writers, and Art Directors. You’re as responsible and accountable as you are brilliant and creative and always looking for ways to improve your craft. You can manage projects with multiple stakeholders and points-of-view and see feedback as an exciting opportunity to improve your craft and way of thinking.
- Translate business challenges via insights-driven creative briefs into thoughtful storytelling that will result in brand awareness, product consideration and conversion
- Live and breath our brand guidelines and toolkits to ensure your ideas will resonate with our target consumers
- Work diligently with strong attention to detail across a number of projects simultaneously
- Work closely with our Creative Director, Art Directors, Designers and other writers to maintain brand voice
- Confidently and comfortably present your work and ideas to a variety of stakeholders with ease
- Inform and advise Project Managers on the status of jobs and meet established deadlines
- Research and stay on top of news and trends in the industry and amongst our target audiences
- Other duties as assigned
- BA degree in English, Journalism, Advertising, Communications, or related field
- 4+ years writing experience
- Exceptional writing and editing skills with strong attention to detail
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated judgment, and decision-making skills
- Passionate about brands and great creative work
- Demonstrated organizational and analytical skills
- CPG experience and/or experience working in the cannabis sector is an asset
This is a full-time role. Candidates located near one of our office bases located in either Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, or Boston are preferred, but not mandatory.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.